How to TREAT a cold fast
A cold is something that affects anyone at anytime and unfortunately there is no cure.1 This does not mean that the symptoms can’t be treated; there are many things that you can do to treat the cold faster.
· Drinking lots of fluids to help mucus flow freely.2
· Try and rest your body.2 If you continue as normal, it puts those around you at risk of catching the cold.1
· Gargling with salt water or drinking hot drinks can help relieve a sore throat.2
· Try and stay in a well ventilated room with fresh air that is neither too hot or too cold.
· Paracetamol and ibuprofen can help relieve any aches, pains, fevers or headaches.1
· Otrivin nasal sprays and drops aren’t a cure for colds but they can help you feel better and place you on the road to recovery by alleviating the most bothersome symptom of a cold, a congested nose.3
1 Common cold - Management. NICE CKS. Available from https://cks.nice.org.uk/common-cold#!scenario (accessed 10 July 2018)
2 Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment & Management. Medscape. Available from https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/302460-treatment#showall (accessed 10 July 2018)
3 Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray. For full prescribing information kindly refer to the SAHPRA-approved professional information.